Don’t you just love libraries? So do we! There are so many books and authors just waiting to be discovered. That’s why we already provide distribution to leading library aggregators like OverDrive, Baker & Taylor, Hoopla, Bibliotheca, and BorrowBox.
Now you can add another major library player to your author tool chest: Palace Marketplace!
What is Palace Marketplace?
Founded by the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA), and serving public libraries in the US only, Palace Marketplace is the only not-for-profit library ebook marketplace. Through its content management and delivery platform, Palace Marketplace’s mission is to make it easier for libraries to quickly build their collections of high-quality indie ebooks. They must be doing something right, because over 400 libraries and library systems across the US have already signed on.
And it’s no wonder, because public library interest in independently published content has grown significantly in recent years. This growth has been fueled by patron demand as indie authors scale international bestseller lists and capture an ever-greater share of the book market.
What this means for YOU
- With more than 400 libraries who’ve already signed on, you get greater access to more readers.
- Earn 60% of your ebook’s list price! You read that right. This is a significant increase over other library checkout systems.
- The Palace App for iOS and Android gives readers a better chance of finding titles they desire because the app combines a library’s typically disparate collections from different library aggregators into a single app. No more opening multiple library apps to search for a single desired title to check out.
What this means for libraries
- Starting February 14, D2D will begin delivering an anticipated 500,000 indie titles to Palace Marketplace, each individually discoverable and purchasable by librarians.
- In addition to single-title discoverability, Palace Marketplace is investing heavily to develop thematic buy-lists to help libraries quickly build larger indie collections. The buy-lists are curated by DPLA’s “Curation Corps” of librarians who select recommended titles.
How do I add my books to Palace Marketplace?
We’re glad you asked! The next time you log into your D2D account, you’ll be asked if you want to add Palace Marketplace as one of your library services. You can add all of your books at once, or wait and opt them in one at a time from your author dashboard. Easy peasy. If it doesn’t go easy peasy, feel free to email us at email@example.com for help.
We’re excited to expand the reach and discoverability of your books. And we’re thrilled that more US public libraries will become exposed to the quality and diversity of books from D2D indie authors and publishers.
The D2D Team